After being in development for 5 years, DayZ is finally getting out Early Access this December.
Bohemia Interactive has announced that DayZ, their open world survival multiplayer game is now leaving Early Access. It was originally released in 2013, and has been overhauled a lot since its Early Access launch 5 years ago.
In November, DayZ gets its Beta version which is DayZ’s biggest update that solidified its gameplay mechanics with a bunch of new features. Players helped the development team by reporiting numerous bugs in the beta, which leads to the upcoming 1.0 update.
The 1.0 Update for DayZ will launch on December 13, 2018. If you plan to buy it now, you will get the Early Access price of $34.99 / £22.99 / €27.99. Afterwards, the 1.0 version will bump the price to $44.99 / £31.99 / €37.99.
- Detailed, authentic backdrop of Chernarus, an open world terrain featuring 230 square kilometers of hand-crafted environment based on real life locations.
- Real emotional experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on the server, all fighting for survival by any means necessary.
- Environmental dangers including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators
- Wide variety of complex survival mechanics – from hunting and crafting, through sophisticated injury simulation, to transferable diseases.
- Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases.
- Visceral, authentic gun play and melee combat systems.
- Smooth and reactive character controller utilizing a detailed animation system.
- Rewarding and authentic experience of driving vehicles for travel and material transport.
- Robust technology platform featuring modules of Bohemia’s new Enfusion Engine.
- Seamless network synchronization and significantly improved game performance.
- A platform fully open to user created content, offering the same tool set that we use for actual game development.