A thrilling horror adventure game, The Long Reach, is finally out on Xbox One.
The Long Reach
Merge Games and Painted Black Games are both proud to announce the release of their game, The Long Reach, on Xbox One.
The Long Reach, at its core, is a pixel art adventure game with a taste of a thrilling horror storyline; meaning it has some gore settings every now and then. It takes place in New Hampshire, in a fictional town of Baervox, where everything may seem normal, but in fact, it is just screwing your perception on things. Puzzles require thinking out of ordinary to solve, imposing that players should be able to think outside the box.
The game is out now on Xbox One for £12.99/€14.99/$14.99.
- The Long Reach is a horror-thriller hell bent on screwing with your perception of things.
- The game misuses stunning pixel art to create gruesome and unsettling images.
- You’ll be playing as Calvin throughout the game – this is an example of the lies and deception that we have in store for you.
- You won’t be forced to figure everything out. Escape if you wish, in fact we encourage you to run for your life!
- Solve puzzles that require thinking outside the box. The box provided by our publisher was never used during the development.
- You’ll be able to talk with plenty of characters. In fact, you’ll have a chance to pitch in every five lines or so.
- A classic adventure game inventory filled with keys and weird stuff (note: no Elvish swords glowing faintly blue when evil is close in this game).
- Original atmospheric and haunting soundtrack. The composer’s not right in the head, he brought weird stuff home to use in the soundtrack. We’re all concerned for his cat.