It’s not ULTIMATE for no reason.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, announced as Super Smash Bros. (Working title) earlier this year, was just announced in Nintendo Direct E3 2018!
Super Smash Bros. has been a well-known fighting game in the Nintendo console. With that being said, it is called ULTIMATE because of the following reasons:
– Bandai Namco is returning as one of the game’s developer
– All characters that appeared throughout the entire series, including the DLCs, are the game’s main roster
– 8 player battles are back
– Link officially based on Breath of the Wild appearance
– Breath of the Wild stage confirmed
– Female Pikachu
– Fox designed based on Star Fox Zero
– Final Smashes are now straight to the point
– Marth now fully voiced in English
– Shadow Moses Island is back
– King Dedede’s Final Smash is like a cage fight
– Pichu returning from Melee
– Zelda’s style based on A Link Between Worlds
– Can play as female Pokemon Trainer
– Dramatic slow-mo effects
– Big Blue stage is back
– Cloud’s Limit Gauge always displayed
– Easier to see what the Villager has pocketed
– 8 different Villagers
– Wolf’s design based on Star Fox Zero, upgraded moves
– New object for Kirby’s stone ability
– Shulk Monado Arts can be selected manually
– Fiora added to Shulk’s Final Smash
– Mii Fighter proportions adjusted
– 12 Mii voice options
– Zero Suit Samus uses Power Suit to fire a laser in Final Smash
– Olimar’s helmet can get damaged
– Bayonetta has slightly different sounds for her costumes
– Rodin appears as an Assist Trophy
– Kumatora and Boney in Lucas’ Final Smash
– Slightly new face for Wii Fit Trainer
– Wily Castle has stage hazards from Wii U and 3DS
– Proto Man and Bass for Mega Man’s Final Smash
– R.O.B. has a new gauge for fuel when hovering
– Echo Fighters: Dark Pit, Lucina
– Daisy is Peach’s Echo Fighter
– Changes could number in the tens of thousands
– Inked opponents will take more damage (Inklings)
– Can run out of ink, need to refill
– 8 Inkling outfits, have own inkling color
– Squid Sisters Assist Trophy
– Some Assist Trophies remain unbeatable
– Bomberman revealed as an Assist Trophy
– Over 50 Assist Trophy characters
– More Pokemon and items
– Massive list of returning stages, improved graphics
– New stage: Moray Towers, Great Plateau Tower
– All stages have Battlefield and Omega forms
– New and returning techniques
– In timed battle, person in the lead can flash with light
– GameCube controller support, amiibo
In addition to this, Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl were announced earlier this year but there was another announcement for a new character that will appear in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate; Ridley.
Ridley is one of the most requested characters to come to the Super Smash Bros. series and it’s finally happening.
With that on the way, Inkling Girl(Smash) and Ridley amiibos were also shown.
The GameCube Controller will also be supported for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and a Nintendo Switch GameCube Adapter will be available at the same time Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will release for the price of $20.
Additional info for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: When docked, the game runs at full 1080p resolution. It drops to the standard 720p resolution when in portable mode. For both modes, Smash Bros. Ultimate runs at 60 frames per second.
The game is slated for December 7, 2018 release.