Upcoming The Walking Dead game meets Payday 2 is going to have an exclusive closed beta for PC soon! Find out how to get closed beta access for Overkill’s The Walking Dead.
OVERKILL’S The Walking Dead
Skybound Entertainment, 505 Games, and Starbreeze have recently announced the closed beta of Overkill’s The Walking Dead exclusively for PC (via Steam) will start very soon; in fact, it is one month away and will begin on October 9, 2018.
Closed beta access is certain for those who pre-order the game. One for those who will buy standard edition, and four for those who will get the deluxe edition – to share with their friends. More information regarding the upcoming beta will be revealed in the community soon.
Overkill’s The Walking Dead’s concept may be quite familiar as it is a four-player co-op multiplayer shooter game, just like Payday 2 and Left 4 Dead. Although, it is more geared towards the former since players have to group together to do a variety of missions. These missions can range from looking for survivors, securing supplies, and basically, just survive the ordeal. Each character has their own special abilities, skills, roles, and different play style, and a background story to give different immersions to different players.
The game will be released on Windows PC this November 6, 2018, while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be getting their versions on February 6, 2019 (NA) and February 8, 2019 (EU).
- A New Story Within the World of The Walking Dead. In OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead, players are introduced to Aidan, Maya, Grant and Heather; four people brought together by necessity and the willingness to do whatever it takes to stay alive in a post-apocalyptic world. Inspired by the rich story universe of Robert Kirkman’s original graphic novels, OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead sheds light on some of the events that take place in Washington D.C.
- Welcome to the Wasteland of Washington D.C. Explore the capital after the outbreak, and discover what happened. Journey through the districts of the desolate city, and search lost neighborhoods such as Georgetown for loot, supplies and other survivors. Tread lightly, as any noise can be heard by both the dead and the living, and any mistake runs the risk of attracting a horde of walkers.
- Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. In a world where everything has stopped working, players will have to make do with what they find. The post-apocalyptic world of The Walking Dead is a harsh place to live in, let alone find things that work. As players loot the city for supplies, they will come to understand that weapons and ammunition are scarce and their condition vary. If not maintained, guns will jam as you pull the trigger, silencers will break, and old sights will challenge your skills as you take aim.
- Home Is Where Your Camp Is. You won’t always have to go looking for trouble, it will also find you. Defend your camp against roaming hordes of walkers when they lock on to your camp. Strengthen your defenses, and take on waves of walkers while keeping the other camp members safe.
- Think. Fight. Live. Each playable character comes with a unique skill tree, squad role, play style and background story. They all share a common objective, where survival and teamwork is paramount. The action is up-close and intense: take out enemies carefully with silent melee attacks, or go in guns blazing. You need to be able to improvise, as nothing is certain and a horde of walkers will always be right around the corner.
- The Story Continues. Development on OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead will continue after release, offering players new storylines to experience, new places to explore, new weapons to use, and much more. The post-launch campaign is built around OVERKILL Software’s philosophy of constantly evolving a game together with the community.
- Powered by Unreal Technology. Capturing the dark and moody universe of Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead in stunning detail, the Unreal Engine offers players the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in a highly-detailed rendition of The Walking Dead universe. Experience hundreds of horrifying walkers on-screen in a way that will get your heart pounding.
- From The Makers of PAYDAY. OVERKILL’s The Walking Dead is made by OVERKILL Software, the developers of PAYDAY: The Heist and PAYDAY 2. OVERKILL is a blend of industry veterans, freshly graduated specialists and great partners. Our passion is to create kick-ass cooperative action games together with our community. We set our own deadlines, production rules and design our own pipeline – a truly inspired gameplay machine. We live and die by our gameplay.