Viking strategy game, Northgard, is finally coming to the current generation of consoles later in 2019.
French Studio, Shiro Games, has revealed that their Viking strategy game, Northgard, will be launched on all major platforms – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch – later this year. No definite date has been revealed.
Originally released on Steam Early Access back in February 2017, it became a vastly popular strategy indie game selling over a million copies. The game officially launched outside of Early Access last year, March 2018, which garnered a pretty decent feedback from critics and users.
Northgard on console will have all the contents found on Steam base version, and also includes the Ragnarok and Relics update, which has six clans, a lengthy campaign, and co-op/competitive online play. Shiro Games has assured that the game will be optimized for controllers with a new revamped user interface to accommodate the launch in console.
Sebastien Vidal, CEO and co-founder at Shiro Games, has said;
“We are very happy to reveal that we are bringing Northgard to all three consoles later this year,
We have worked hard to optimize Northgard for the controller, and to be played on the go in the Switch version. All the content of the original version will be available at launch. This includes the campaign mode, leaderboards, all six clans and much more.”
While waiting for the console pre-orders to be released, for the meantime, buy Northgard on Steam.
We are using affiliate links to help us fund the website if you ever buy through the links provided.
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster…)
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading…)
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels and personalities
- Enjoy dedicated servers and grind the ranks to reach the final Norse God rank!