Bunch of new content has been revealed at SXSW 2019 by Sega for their upcoming racing game, Team Sonic Racing!
Team Sonic Racing
At the recent SXSW 2019 with Sega and their Gotta Go Fast: The Official Sonic the Hedgehog panel, they have revealed and discussed new elements for their upcoming racing game, Team Sonic Racing. The panel includes several key people for the game’s development such as Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka, Sr. Community Manager Aaron Webber, Director of Product Development Austin Keys, Sonic Series Composer Jun Senoue and TV Animation Production Coordinator Jasmin Hernandez.
One of the main elements they have shown is the customization gameplay available in Team Sonic Racing. Players can obtain and use mod pods, power ups and vehicle skins and more personalization for more uniqueness of their vehicles. Moreover, a new OST has been released called Bingo Party OST which is composed by Jun Senoue with electronic music artist, Toriena.
Also, they revealed in their panel the first full episode of Team Sonic Racing Overdrive, a two-part animated developed by Tyson Hesse and Neko productions. The first episode focuses on Team Sonic, Team Rose, and Team Dark as they race off at Wisp Circuit.
Lastly, Takashi Iizuka, Sonic Team Head, has confirmed that the production for the upcoming major Sonic the Hedgehog title has already started.
Sonic Team Racing will be released both digitally and physically for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on May 21, 2019. PC version will get it digitally only at the same time.
We are using affiliate links to help us fund the website if you ever buy through the links provided.
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.