Upcoming DLC for Cities Skylines focuses on your own industry, expanding the tools for industry and production.
Cities: Skylines - Industries
Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order announced that Cities Skylines will launch its upcoming DLC, Industries, on October 23, 2018.
Sandra Neudinger, Product Manager from Paradox Interactive has said,
With this expansion, players can make more meaningful choices in their cities’ industry by managing their production chains from grain to bread.
The players have been asking for an industrial expansion for a while, so we’re excited to finally offer a full featured approach.
Cities Skylines: Industries is considered as one of the most in-depth expansions the game ever has so far, as it gives players the chance to customize their industrial areas such as creating supply chains for the four different resource types. Moreover, these industrial areas will level up and become more efficient if maintained properly.
Besides the production chains additions, there will be a new service for the city that will focus on handling mail and cargo airport, which eases the import and export of factory goods. Five new maps, new policies, new city services, and more will be added in this DLC expansion as well.
But wait there’s more!
Alongside the upcoming DLC, Cities: Skylines will get a new radio channel and free update, which usually comes when they release a new DLC. The radio channel is Synthetic Dawn Radio, which features 16 new songs across four genres: 80s Electro, Vocoding Electro, Breakbeats, and Futuristic Synths.
On the other hand, the free update introduces the players to toll booths, which slows traffic’s roll while generating more income for the city. Players can also now mark buildings that they want to preserve, and create name lists for citizens, districts, and spawned buildings.
- Make It Happen – Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- Captain Your Own Industry – Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- Build it up, Buttercup – New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car and Electronics produce luxury products, and require a large quantity of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- Ship It – Manage traffic and logistics with industry warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- Go Postal – Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- Wonk Hard – Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety and Automation.
- Five New Maps – Rich in natural resources, transportation options and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper!