Set upon a grand adventure in Nintendo Switch’s latest exclusive JRPG, Octopath Traveler.
Octopath Traveler gets a new overview trailer which showcases its amazing features. A few weeks ago, a prologue demo was launched, and if you manage to play it (and finish it) before getting the full experience then you can transfer your progress to the full version of the game.
In Octopath Traveler, you will play as eight very unique characters with different skillsets and their own story to be told. By using the characters’ special abilities a.k.a Path Actions, players can interact with the rich world. There is also a Boost System where characters gain Boost Points throughout battles, which allows them to enhance their abilities for their turn, taking the classic turn-based battles with a breath of fresh experience.
The game is now available in both digital and retail form. Also available is the Octopath Traveler: Traveler’s Compendium Edition (Wayfarer’s Edition). This special edition consists of:
- A Stylised pop-up book
- A map of the game’s world
- Replica coin based on the in-game currency
- Explore multiple, distinct RPG adventures in a world created by Square Enix
- Choose from eight characters, each with their own distinct story
- Deep, strategic turn-based combat with a layered battle system
- Visuals inspired by retro RPGs, brought to life with modern touches and a rousing, dynamic musical score